- If you purchase a ticket, or enter any event at Fête, you are agreeing to all terms and conditions within this webpage and are bound to them.
- Failure to follow these could result in tournament disqualification, being removed from the event with no refund, and potentially being banned from all future events run by Fête organisers.
- Upon signing up, you will receive an email to act as an electronic receipt which will detail instructions on what to do when arriving at the event.
- Pontins staff and Fête organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to any attendee and remove anyone from the premises, if they are deemed a threat to the comfort or safety of any other attendee.
- Your Ticket may be in the form of paper, mobile/barcode, email, wristband or Lanyard or such other form that becomes available over time including paperless mechanisms. Tickets cannot be cancelled or exchanged after purchase, other than in accordance with the Venue Terms and the terms of the Ticket Agent from which they are purchased.
- Only persons holding a valid Ticket (and in some cases valid ID, pursuant to age related Venue Terms) will be admitted to Team Fête events.
- Keep your original Ticket format safe. Your Ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced. Removing sections of a physical Ticket will invalidate the Ticket. Tickets cannot be duplicated if lost or stolen and Team Fête will be liable for any lost or stolen Tickets.
- Ownership or possession of a Ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on you to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the Ticket or used in connection with the Event.
- Our authorised primary Ticket site is start.gg. Team Fête may also have appointed its own authorised Ticket Agent(s) for the Event. If you are unsure whether a person offering Tickets for sale is an authorised ticket agent, please contact us.
- We are entitled to seize and/or cancel any Ticket, without notice and without refund or other compensation, which has been resold, attempted to have been resold or which has been purchased other than via an authorised Ticket Agent, ticketing partner, Team Fête.
- Neither we nor any Organiser will be required to accept Tickets if we know or have reasonable grounds for believing that the Tickets have been duplicated or purchased from any of the following: unauthorised agents or other unauthorised sources including, without limitation. We are entitled to refuse entry to any person holding such a Ticket, or to eject them from the Venue and/or the Event.
- The number of Tickets purchased may be subject to a cap. Ticket Agents will notify you of this before you make your booking. We reserve the right to request that Ticket Agents cancel any Tickets which we reasonably believe were bought in excess of this cap, or were otherwise purchased in breach of these Venue Terms.
- Tickets may not be used for promotions, competitions, sweepstakes or for other commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Team Fête.
- Any ticket that is purchased can be fully refunded within 24 hours of ticket sale.
- Venue fee is fully refundable until Saturday the 20th of May 2023, unless forfeited.
- Processing fees will not be refunded.
- Event fees (eg Melee singles/doubles, Mario Kart Wii etc) are refundable until Friday the 16th of June 2023. After this date event fees cannot be refunded.
- If you can prove you have alternative accommodation offsite within a safe and reasonable distance from the venue, you can claim back £70 of your ticket price. By doing this you forfeit the right to a full refund.
- The conditions considered safe and reasonable are outlined in the offsite accommodation section
- Tickets purchased through instalments on our website can still be refunded if requested before the standard refund deadline.
- Payment plan tickets only cover venue fee/accommodation, additional purchases, such as entering events, must be done through start.gg
- Payment must be fully paid before a partial refund from proof of offsite accommodation can be claimed. (See Offsite accommodation)
- If a payment within the plan fails to go through, you will be contacted via email to make the payment. If the full payment has not been completed by the time of the event, you will be asked to pay the remaining cost or be refused entry to the event.
- Upon purchase of your ticket for Fête 3, for safeguarding purposes, you will be required to purchase accomodation on site at Pontins Camber Sands regardless of any alternative accomodation status. This is to ensure all attendees have safe access to a room on site should they be unable to reach any alternative accomodation they may have booked.
- Upon acceptable proof of alternative accommodation (and reasonable plans for getting there) being provided to the Fête team, you will be entitled to a refund for your on-site accomodation, valued at £70.
- Should you receive said refund, the room will still be held for you should you change your mind, or if you are unable to reach your booked off-site accomodation during the weekend of the event. You will be charged for this room at a rate of £30 per remaining night.
- Attendees staying off-site will be subject to a strict on-site curfew of 23:00. Failure to leave the site by said time will result in an immediate ban from the event. In the case that the attendee is unable to reach their off-site accomodation, they will be allocated and charged for their withheld on-site room to ensure their safety.
- In the case that this withheld room is ultimately used by the attendee due to an inability to reach their off-site accomodation after the curfew, you will be charged for the room at a rate of £30 per remaining night. Failure to pay for the room will result in a ban from the event with effect from the following morning, when you will be escorted off-site. You may also be banned from future Fête events.
- Fête is an 18+ only event. If any attendee is found or suspected to be underage by a member of staff, they will be escorted off the premises immediately without refund.
- By purchasing a ticket, you are confirming that you are over the age of 18.
- Valid ID may be required when collecting an event lanyard on arrival.
- If you have purchased a ticket and are underage please contact [email protected] for a refund, this cannot be done after Friday the 16th of June 2023.
- All bars operate with a challenge 25 policy. If you cannot provide ID when requested, you will be refused purchase of any age-restricted product at the bars.
- Valid ID includes: driving/provisional license, passport, PASS Proof of Age card or national ID. Photographs or photocopies of IDs cannot be accepted.
- After initially checking in to the event, you will be instructed where you collect your room key.
- Attendees must state the name that they used for booking the room to receive the key.
- Room keys MUST be returned to the desk that they have been collected from when checking out. If this is not done, there may be potential fines to cover the cost of the key.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to inform themselves what the correct fire safety practices are within the room they are staying in.
- Only stay in the accommodation that you have been assigned to. If any persons are found staying within rooms they have not been assigned to, they may be kicked off the premises.
- All accommodation provides attendees with a bed, a bathroom and a kitchen. The bathroom and kitchen may be shared with other attendees.
- Paying for the ticket with accommodation covers the cost of the accommodation, the use of these facilities and cleaning of the rooms, as well as administration of the tournament.
- Accommodation wristbands will be distributed to guests.
- If found within accommodation after Monday the 17th of July 10:00am, you may be escorted off the premises.
- Upon arrival, you must immediately head to the reception area – which will be clearly signposted – to receive your personalised event lanyard.
- Lanyards are to be worn at all times during the event, in social and tournament areas.
- Pontins staff and Fête organisers are to restrict entry to areas to anyone not clearly displaying their lanyard. Failure to provide one upon being questioned may result in being escorted off the premises.
- Damaged or modified lanyards may be rendered invalid.
- Fête organisers are not responsible for the loss or theft of any lanyard.
- If you arrive later than stated check-in times, you may be required to wait before you are allowed entry and given your lanyard.
- We have the right to cancel the coaches at any time for reasons, such as us not making enough revenue to cover the cost of a coach.
- If we do not make sufficient sales of coach tickets by 01/01/2023 date, we will refund you.
- You must abide by all terms and conditions of the coach providers.
Drugs and Alcohol
- Both Fête and Pontins have a strict no illegal drugs policy and will enforce zero tolerance towards anyone caught with illegal substances upon their persons. If caught, you will be escorted immediately off the premises.
- Prescribed, legal, medicinal drugs are allowed.
- Security reserves the right to search any individual at any time. Bags/bodies may be searched upon entry, exit or during the event.
- Excessive drinking is not acceptable. Please drink responsibly.
- Drunken, aggressive or disorderly behaviour will not be tolerated. You may be ordered to go to your accommodation, or kicked off of the premises if behaving inappropriately.
- Cigarettes and electronic cigarettes are not to be used indoors, or near entrances to any buildings on site.
- Venue fee for the event covers the cost of the venue, payment of staff and other general costs contributing to the quality of the event.
- The schedule for the event may be changed at any point. It is the responsibility of the attendee to regularly check social media etc for any amendments.
- No trading or selling of goods/services by any Fête attendee on the premises, without written consent from a Fête organiser.
- Fête organisers are not responsible for any goods or services received from any third party traders.
- Burning any furniture, beddings or plastics is prohibited throughout the premises, and could result in criminal charges being pressed if anyone is caught doing so.
- Abusive, violent or any other behavior that impedes the safety and comfort of other attendees is prohibited.
- With the exception of required assistant animals, no animals are allowed on site.
- Lighting and sound systems will be used by the event. If this may cause you any issues, please contact us at [email protected] prior to the event.
- If there are any concerns involving accommodating for any disabilities, please contact us at [email protected] prior to the event.
- Neither Fête organisers nor Pontins are liable for any injuries, loss or damages to attendees, their property or motor vehicles during the event.
Safety and Security
- Any prohibited items found in your possessions will be confiscated and you will be asked to immediately leave the event with your entry revoked.
- Fête organisers and venue staff reserve the right to refuse entry and evict all persons found in possession of prohibited items such as: knives, amplifying outdoor sound systems used in public spaces, firewords, explosives, BBQs, smoke and gas canisters, air horns, flares, any weapons or items that have the capability of injuring others, laser devices, drones and unnamed aerial vehicles, sky lanterns.
- Harassment of any kind of any attendees or staff will not be tolerated, whether in person or on social media platforms and will result in expulsion from the event.
- Personal and non-commercial filming and photography is permitted throughout the public site of the event on personal devices (mobile phones, tablets, compact cameras). The use of these services must be done respectfully to the rest of the attendees of the event, the event itself and the venue.
- Please be aware when posting images on social media and try to ensure any fellow attendees are comfortable with having their likeness used.
- No professional or commercial filming and photography is permitted with the exception of individuals granted consent from Fête organisers. Such official media or event photographers will wear a Press/Media Pass. If you wish to obtain a pass, please email [email protected]
- If using cameras/filming equipment (including mobile phones), be mindful, courteous and request permission from fellow event attendees to proceed with photographic shots. If brought to our attention that photographs or videos have been taken without permission or without an official pass, you will be required to delete the content, and may be requested to leave the event if you fail to comply with our request.
- Photographs taken at our event must have our given approval in order to be included in advertising.
- Fête organisers and Pontins staff do reserve the right to to use your image in any marketing and promotional material.
- CCTV and film cameras may be present at and around the venue. This includes filming by the police and/or security staff carried out for the purposes of ensuring the safety of visitors, and filming and/or photography of the Event by the Organisers. By purchasing a Ticket to an Event and/or attending the event, you give your express consent to all such filming and to your actual or simulated likeness being included within any: film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording (“Footage”). All rights in such Footage which will be owned by us, the Organiser or the relevant third party.
- You also agree that any such Footage may be used by us or the Organiser in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, including (with the exception of CCTV or security Footage) for commercial purposes, such as merchandising, without payment or compensation to you.
Cancellation, Postponement and alterations
- Team Fête may make alterations to Events which are not material in nature. No refunds will be available in respect of non-material alterations.
- A “material” change is a change to an Event which in the reasonable opinion of Team Fête, makes the Event substantially different to the Event which purchasers of the Ticket would reasonably expect to attend. Changes to event schedule, ruleset or rooming preferences will not be considered a material change.
- In the event of a cancellation of, postponement of or material change to an Event you may be entitled to a refund in accordance with the terms and conditions or refund policy of the authorised Ticket Agent from whom you purchased your Ticket(s) and in this event Team Fête will be in contact regarding requests for refunds.
- It is your responsibility to check the Team Fête media sources for news of any cancellation, postponement or alteration of the Event. Information on such matters will be made available on behalf of Team Fête as soon as reasonably practicable on The Team Fête twitter account at www.twitter.com/FeteSmash Customers are advised that the website cannot always be updated immediately and that circumstances giving rise to cancellation or alterations may arise immediately prior to an Event.
- Your personal data obtained by purchase of tickets will only be processed with the purpose of operating the event and for other internal purposes such as determining improvements for future events – unless otherwise given specific consent to the use of your data for other purposes. All processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998/2018 as well as any successor legislation applicable in the UK.
- We reserve the right to refuse access in the case of failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
- In the eventuality that your behaviour poses a danger to attendees, staff or the equipment, and where reasonable warning has been given, a partial refund may be provided as the only form of compensation.
- Damage done to the venue, staff or third party properties at the event will be liable for cost of repairs or replacement, whether the damage was either deliberate or accidental.
- We do not limit our liability to you in any way that is unlawful. This includes injury or death that is caused by negligence of a Fête organiser, member of Pontins staff, or agent/subcontractor. This also includes fraud/fraudulent misrepresentation.
- If any term within these terms and conditions are found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, then that term is severed. The remainder of all terms within these terms and conditions shall still continue in full force.
- If we fail to enforce a term within these terms and conditions, this does not render that term or any other invalid. You may not transfer or assign your rights under these terms and conditions.
- All English laws apply to these terms and conditions. Any dispute between us and yourself regarding these terms and conditions will only be dealt with within courts within the United Kingdom.
- We reserve the right to ban you from accessing this site and all online services that we provide.
- We reserve the right to add or amend the Terms and Conditions when necessary. Amendments will become official when posted on the official event website and social media channels. Please regularly check our official website and social media platforms for any changes to ensure you are up to date with any legally binding information. In the eventuality of any amendments of the Terms after purchase of tickets, you agree to adhere to the updated version of these Terms.
AMENDMENTS TO THESE TERMS
- These Venue Terms may be amended from time to time, to reflect changes in the rules of admission, changes in health and safety and/or security procedures, changes to the arrangements in place between Team Fête and relevant venue representatives and/or changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- Visits to Team Fête events will be subject to the Venue Terms in force at the time of the visit. It is your responsibility to check the Venue Terms before entering Team Fête events, so that you are aware of any changes.
- Team Fête reserves the right to change its Terms from time to time, as these may vary on an Event by Event basis. It is your responsibility to check the Ticket Terms for each Event.